In addition to the production and repair of cardan shafts in vehicle construction, Welte also manufactures cardan shafts for Industrial Applications in almost all areas of use (steel and mechanical engineering, paper industry, pump drives, railway applications, conveyor systems and metal industry). Special reinforced series and special flange connections (e.g. Hirth flanges) can be manufactured on request.
Welte Cardan-Service GmbH has developed into a leading company in the cardan shaft industry since 1972. In the process, we have continuously expanded our network of branches and partners. Under our brand names EDS and Cardan-Service we sell high-quality cardan shaft and components worldwide.
- Manufacture and Repair of almost every Cardan Shaft (lengths of over 7.5 mtr. and flange diameter of 435 mm. is possible)
- Short delivery times
- Cost estimate before each repair
- Repair is manufacturer independent
- Conceptual design and production of custom-made products
- Assembly is carried out in accordance with ATEX guidelines
- Balancing of Cardan Shafts according to ISO 1940
- Repair and Production of Cardan Shafts is carried out according to the specifications of our quality management system (ISO 9001:2015)
In 2007 the company Voith Küsel GmbH & Co. KG in Essen was taken over by Welte Cardan-Service GmbH. At present, 40 employees and 3 trainees from over 6 nations are employed at the Essen location.
Our branch in Essen is specialized in the production and repair of heavy-duty cardan shafts from a size of Ø 225 - 435 mm. / 44.000 - 265.000 Nm. Standard drive shafts Ø 25 - 250 mm. are also part of our delivery program.